Starting a career in publishing? An internship at FinePrint is a great place to begin.
Our interns work closely with agents day-to-day and learn about the agenting and publishing process. Their time is primarily spent evaluating queries, reading requested submissions, writing readers reports, and general agency/office tasks. We hold regular professional development workshops on all aspects of the industry, from contracts to publicity. Interns are also invited to author signings, readings, and other industry-related events.
Former FinePrint interns have successfully begun a publishing career and are now employed across the industry. These are just some of the places they’ve ended up:
- Alicia Adkins -- Sales Assistant, Palgrave Macmillan
- Hali Baumstein -- Editorial Assistant, Bloomsbury Childrens Books
- Mackenzie Brady -- Literary Agent, Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency
- Madeleine Colavita -- Editorial Assistant, Grand Central Publishing
- Marla Daniels -- Editorial Assistant, Gallery Books
- Judith Engracia -- Literary Agent, Liza Dawson Associates
- Rachel Kory -- Literary Associate and New Media Strategist, Scovil Galen Ghosh Literary Agency
- Megha Parekh -- Editorial Assistant, Grand Central Publishing
- Elizabeth Schaefer -- Editorial Assistant, Disney Press
- Brooks Sherman -- Literary Agent, FinePrint Literary Management
- Laurel Symonds -- Editorial Assistant, Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins Children's Books)
- Suzie Townsend -- Literary Agent, Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representation
- Joanna Volpe -- Literary Agent, Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representation
- Alaina Waagner -- Marketing Coordinator, HarperCollins
- Rebecca Yeager -- Editorial Assistant, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to peter [at] fineprintlit.com.