Starting a career in publishing? An internship at FinePrint is a great place to begin.
Our interns work closely with agents day-to-day and learn about the agenting and publishing process. Their time is primarily spent evaluating queries, reading requested submissions, writing readers reports, and general agency/office tasks. We hold regular professional development workshops on all aspects of the industry, from contracts to publicity. Interns are also invited to author signings, readings, and other industry-related events.
Former FinePrint interns have successfully begun a publishing career and are now employed across the industry. These are just some of the places they’ve ended up:
- Alicia Adkins — Sales Assistant, Palgrave Macmillan
- Hali Baumstein — Editorial Assistant, Bloomsbury Childrens Books
- Mackenzie Brady — Literary Agent, Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency
- Madeleine Colavita — Editorial Assistant, Grand Central Publishing
- Marla Daniels — Editorial Assistant, Gallery Books
- Judith Engracia — Literary Agent, Liza Dawson Associates
- Rachel Kory — Literary Associate and New Media Strategist, Scovil Galen Ghosh Literary Agency
- Megha Parekh — Editorial Assistant, Grand Central Publishing
- Elizabeth Schaefer — Editorial Assistant, Disney Press
- Brooks Sherman — Literary Agent, FinePrint Literary Management
- Laurel Symonds — Editorial Assistant, Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Suzie Townsend — Literary Agent, Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representation
- Joanna Volpe — Literary Agent, Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representation
- Alaina Waagner — Marketing Coordinator, HarperCollins
- Rebecca Yeager — Editorial Assistant, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to peter [at] fineprintlit.com.